Frequently Asked Questions
Who can join Dublin 4-H?
4-H is for boys and girls 5-19 years of age. It is supported by the Cooperative Extension of the University of California, Alameda County and the Department of Agriculture.
What does it cost to be in Dublin 4-H?
Dublin 4-H charges no dues to join. However, a fee is required of each member and leader to cover group accident insurance and literature. Some activities may involve costs for materials used in the activity.
How do I stay informed?
4-H has a monthly newsletter which goes to all members, leaders, parents and interested persons. Contact Sharon Clay to be placed on the mailing list.
What are the goals of 4-H?
The goals of 4-H are to help young people:
- Develop initiative and assume responsibility.
- Develop leadership and citizenship skills.
- Develop the ability to live and work cooperatively with others.
- Acquire life skills such as empathy, stress management, organization, teamwork, conflict resolution, record keeping ability and more.
- Achieve satisfaction from work and accomplishments.
- Choose from alternatives and plan satisfying lives.
- Develop positive self-images.